Eastern Animal Rescue Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lily needs a forever home

2 posters

Go down

Lily needs a forever home Empty Lily needs a forever home

Post  lisatw151 Wed May 28, 2008 1:52 am

Lily looks to be a Tennessee Treeing Brindle, just judging by images on the web. She was picked up as a stray in Gaffney, SC and brought to me to foster. I've had her for almost 2 months and I just don't understand why no one's expressing any interest. She is one of the sweetest dogs I've had the pleasure of fostering, and is going to make someone a great family pet. She's extremely well-behaved, is very, very calm in the house and minds her manners. She's completely house and crate trained, and will go into her crate simply by saying "in". Her favorite activity is laying on the floor at my feet chewing on a rawhide, or curled up next to me on the couch. She does very, very well with all my other dogs, and loves to run and play outside. Her coat is very unique, very dense, and feels like velour. About her only fault, is that she does NOT like cats. But then again, these dogs are bred to hunt squirrel and in the absense of squirrel, she hunts my poor cat JJ. LOL. She absolutely loves my 7yr old daughter and I just can't say enough about her. I'm just not getting any interest in her hardly at all, and I don't know if it's just the economy right now, or if folks think she's got pitt in her or what. She doesn't resemble a Pitt in any way other than her coat. If y'all have any suggestions, please let me know. She's an awesome dog and I've come very close to keeping her. But if I keep all my fosters, I'll run out of room. LOL. She's listed on Charlotte Craig's List, Petfinder and the rescue's site... www.lucky-dog-rescue.org

Lily needs a forever home Lilyhm3Lily needs a forever home Lily2gg3

Lily needs a forever home Lily3rr5

lisatw151
Pal
Pal

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Lily needs a forever home Empty Re: Lily needs a forever home

Post  SCPitChic Wed May 28, 2008 8:18 am

Awe... good luck finding your forever home Lily! It's about time to change our featured pet on our portal page, so I'll make this sweet girl our next star. Smile
SCPitChic
SCPitChic
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-05-17

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

Post  lisatw151 Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:23 am

Wow that's awesome!! Thanks! I actually have someone coming to meet her tomorrow. Very Happy Dance They sound very excited about her and she's such a sweet, sweet girl, she deserves a permanent home.

lisatw151
Pal
Pal

Back to top Go down

Post  lisatw151 Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:14 am

Well, the family came to visit Lily yesterday afternoon and they absolutely fell in love. They would like to have her. So as long as the home visit and vet reference checks out, Lily will be going to her new home very soon! YAY!

lisatw151
Pal
Pal

Back to top Go down

Post  SCPitChic Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:35 am

Wonderful! Yay for Lily! Very Happy Please let us know how these things go, as I would LOVE to be able to place another animal on our featured pets section on the portal page... for this awesome reason of course! Very Happy
SCPitChic
SCPitChic
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  lisatw151 Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:28 pm

Lily (now Layla) went to her new home Tuesday evening, and promptly claimed her spot on the couch. Very Happy YAY!! She seemed completely at home and I think her new owners are head over heels in love. I've gotten daily updates and it sounds as if she's doing great.

I'm without any fosters at the moment. Boy it's quiet around here. LOL

Thanks for featuring Lily! It's greatly appreciated. Smile

lisatw151
Pal
Pal

Back to top Go down

Post  SCPitChic Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:47 pm

cheers I'm so happy for her! And I'm glad we could feature her here too! Very Happy
SCPitChic
SCPitChic
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down