Eastern Animal Rescue Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harper in PA, anyone looking for a good starter dog for sports, look here!!!

3 posters

Go down

Harper in PA, anyone looking for a good starter dog for sports, look here!!! Empty Harper in PA, anyone looking for a good starter dog for sports, look here!!!

Post  ProudBullyMom77 Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:19 pm

My name is Harper I am about six months old. I am originally from Baltimore, MD. I and my two brothers were taken in from a back yard breeder by a gentle young soul. A few nice ladies decided to foster us, and nurse us back to health in hopes that we will find our forever home. My bother Sonny has found his, me and Button are still waiting, but you know what they say. Good things come to those that wait. This is what my foster Mommy has to say.
Harper is a white, with cow patched chocolate brindle pup. He is UTD on shots, and will be neutered prior to finding is forever home. Harper has the classic APBT attitude doesn't have a enemy in the world, kids are the next best thing since sliced bread in his world. Harper is a active puppy, with a ton of drive. His forever home, should be very active, people who enjoy jogging, biking, hiking, swimming, etc. We feel that Harper will excelle greatly in canine sports, dock diving (this little boy LOVES water), agility, fly ball, rally o, weight pull just to name few, he has incredible toy drive, and will play tireless on the flirt pole, or at a good game of tug, even catch. Harper is extremely smart, and does well with clicker training, he will need someone who is going to provide a fair, firm training regiment, and willing to continue obedience work.
Harper currently lives with children that range in age from 2 to 9, while he is child appropriate, you must remember he is still a puppy and does forget his manners. He loves cuddle time with humans. Harper is crate trained, and is trained to eat in his crate, when preparing his meals, he will go to his crate and go into a sit and wait.
Now, while he currently is living with five personal dogs here, one female american bulldog mix, one male american bulldog, and three APBTs and does get along with them. As a bully breed owner you should know that this may change, and a crate and rotate could be in order. Ideally, he should have a opposite sex companion dog, or be a only dog, same sex adoption will be considered only if the interested party has very extensive experience with APBTs. He also lives with cats, but will give chase on a kitty, but what dog doesn't. His prey drive may increase with age and maturity, so please keep that in mind when thinking of adopting this little guy.
Now, for the fun stuff. We ask that you have previous experience with the bully breeds to apply to adopt Harper. All potential adopters must be home owners, no renters will be considered, you must be over the age of 21, and be able to provide three references, and a vetinary reference as well, home checks, and follow up interviews will also be done after a completed application is received. A deposit put on a basic obedience class is also required, this will benefit you as a new owner and Harper in a bonding, and learning about one another. Harper is located north of Berks County, but transport can be arranged to the correct/approved adopter. Cross posting is appericated. If interested, please PM for my personal email address.

He would be a excellent starter dog for someone who is looking at getting their feet wet in the world of canine sports. I have had a few people that were interested but they were not the right home.

Harper in PA, anyone looking for a good starter dog for sports, look here!!! 100_2739

Harper in PA, anyone looking for a good starter dog for sports, look here!!! 100_2741

Harper in PA, anyone looking for a good starter dog for sports, look here!!! 100_2750
ProudBullyMom77
ProudBullyMom77
Pal
Pal

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Harper in PA, anyone looking for a good starter dog for sports, look here!!! Empty Re: Harper in PA, anyone looking for a good starter dog for sports, look here!!!

Post  katieferg Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:57 pm

aw i wish we were in PA! he is adorable, good luck
katieferg
katieferg

Female Number of posts : 218

http://twitter.com/katieferg

Back to top Go down

Harper in PA, anyone looking for a good starter dog for sports, look here!!! Empty Re: Harper in PA, anyone looking for a good starter dog for sports, look here!!!

Post  beverleyandsage Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:00 pm

Awww hes so cute
beverleyandsage
beverleyandsage
Best Friend
Best Friend

Female Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.network.bestfriends.org/MessageBoards/Default.aspx?g=

Back to top Go down

Post  ProudBullyMom77 Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:44 pm

thanks guys. I am really shocked no one has snatched him up. I had one person that seemed like a good home, but backed out, which I suspected after I told them, dog parks are a no no with the Pit Bull Type of dogs. I have decided since he needs a job, he's going to learn weight pulling to start, and once the weather is a tad bit warmer, I will put him in a life vest, and start dock diving with him just for kicks.
ProudBullyMom77
ProudBullyMom77
Pal
Pal

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down