Eastern Animal Rescue Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List of SEVENTY FIVE Banned or Restricted Breeds

4 posters

Go down

List of SEVENTY FIVE Banned or Restricted Breeds Empty List of SEVENTY FIVE Banned or Restricted Breeds

Post  KissinPits Fri May 23, 2008 10:07 am

Click here to visit the site this list was obtained from. Scary stuff huh?

1. AIREDALE TERRIER
2. AKBASH
3. AKITA
4. ALAPAHA BLUE BLOOD BULLDOG
5. ALASKAN MALAMUTE
6. ALSATIAN SHEPHERD
7. AMERICAN BULLDOG
8. AMERICAN HUSKY
9. AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER
10. AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER
11. AMERICAN WOLFDOG
12. ANATOLIAN SHEPHERD
13. ARIKARA DOG
14. AUSTRALIAN CATTLE DOG
15. AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD
16. BELGIAN MALINOIS
17. BELGIAN SHEEPDOG
18. BELGIAN TURVUREN
19. BLUE HEELER
20. BOERBUL
21. BORZOI
22. BOSTON TERRIER
23. BOUVIER DES FLANDRES
24. BOXER
25. BULLDOG
26. BULL TERRIER
27. BULL MASTIFF
28. CANE CORSO
29. CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOG
30. CAUCASIAN SHEPHERD
31. CHINESE SHAR PEI
32. CHOW-CHOW
33. COLORADO DOG
34. DOBERMAN PINSCHER
35. DOGO DE ARGENTINO
36. DOGUE DE BORDEAUX
37. ENGLISH MASTIFFS
38. ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIEL
39. ESKIMO DOG
40. ESTRELA MOUNTAIN DOG
41. FILA BRASILIERO
42. FOX TERRIER
43. FRENCH BULLDOG
44. GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG
45. GOLDEN RETRIEVER
46. GREENLAND HUSKY
47. GREAT DANE
48. GREAT PYRANEES
49. ITALIAN MASTIFF
50. KANGAL DOG
51. KEESHOND
52. KOMONDOR
53. KOTEZEBUE HUSKY
54. KUVAZ
55. LABRADOR RETRIEVER
56. LEONBERGER
57. MASTIFF
58. NEOPOLITAN MASTIFF
59. NEWFOUNDLAND
60. OTTERHOUND
61. PRESA DE CANARIO
62. PRESA DE MALLORQUIN
63. PUG
64. ROTTWEILER
65. SAARLOOS WOLFHOND
66. SAINT BERNARD
67. SAMOYED
68. SCOTTISH DEERHOUND
69. SIBERIAN HUSKY
70. SPANISH MASTIFF
71. STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER
72. TIMBER SHEPHERD
73. TOSA INU
74. TUNDRA SHEPHERD
75. WOLF SPITZ
KissinPits
KissinPits
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2008-05-16

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

List of SEVENTY FIVE Banned or Restricted Breeds Empty Re: List of SEVENTY FIVE Banned or Restricted Breeds

Post  SCPitChic Fri May 23, 2008 10:52 am

VERY scary stuff! If you haven't checked out RDOWS, you should. There's a lot of GREAT information on that site.
SCPitChic
SCPitChic
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

List of SEVENTY FIVE Banned or Restricted Breeds Empty oops

Post  beverleyandsage Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:43 pm

Every dog I own is on that list one way or another. We have two lab mixes, a aussie mix, and we are fostering a husky mix, aussie, shepherd puppy. What are these people trying to do make it so we can never have a dog. Every dog if raised wrong can be a biter. My son is terrified of Chihuahua's he has been bite by three. My husband is terrified of poodles apparently his aunt owned some mean ones that haunted him in his child hood. Renee the lady we do rescue with has a pit bull in her rescue that is onen of the sweetest dogs I ever met, she just can't adopt him out. She even has a picture of my seven year old hugging him on her petfinder page.
These poor dogs should quit being punished for the stupid people who own them.
beverleyandsage
beverleyandsage
Best Friend
Best Friend

Female Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.network.bestfriends.org/MessageBoards/Default.aspx?g=

Back to top Go down

List of SEVENTY FIVE Banned or Restricted Breeds Empty Re: List of SEVENTY FIVE Banned or Restricted Breeds

Post  SCPitChic Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:21 pm

What's scary is that there are a lot of people out there who own the different breeds and mixes on that list, who fully support BSL. If they only knew that by supporting such insane laws, they're also condemning their own dogs to death... *sigh* but how to get that point across? Until people wake up and see that this isn't a Pit Bull or Rottweiler problem... that it's a people problem, BSL is going to continue to destroy families.

Our group focuses on dog bite prevention as part of our educational program, because we want people to understand that ANY dog possesses the ability to injure or kill, and that people need to be held accountable for their inactions that result in tragedy. The worst case of "dog homicide" is one where a Pomeranian killed a 6 week old infant when the child was left sleeping unsupervised in the same room as the dog. There's another account that happened a few months ago, when a JRT killed an infant and the media chose to focus their story more on the family's Pit Bull that was not at all involved in the incident... and the "Beware of Dog" sign they had attached to their gate.

As sad as it is to say, nothing is going to change for our dogs (any breed) until people start taking responsibility for their kids and pets. My neighbor has a 2 year old Pit that is an accident waiting to happen. He isn't neutered, he's untrained, and he dominates their 2 young kids. Their mother is deeply concerned and has asked me to talk to her husband about the importance of neutering the dog, but when I spoke with him about this... he wouldn't hear me. He insisted that neutering the dog would make him mean, and since there are no laws that make spay/neuter mandatory, there's not a damn thing I can do about this. I've told both the mother and the father about the risk these children are at because the dog will ONLY listen to and obey the father... and their mother has had to literally PULL the dog off the girls on more than one occasion.

What's going to happen when this dog does hurt one or both of these little girls? It'll be all over the news... "Another vicious Pit Bull attack!" with absolutely NO report on the many things that factor into the dog "suddenly snapping" and hurting these kids. And again, the breed will be blamed and more talk of BSL will come to our area... because people don't want to put the blame and responsibility on the right PERSON.
SCPitChic
SCPitChic
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  KissinPits Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:27 pm

For what it's worth, I want to strangle your neighbor. Yep. I sure do.
KissinPits
KissinPits
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SCPitChic Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:50 pm

You ain't the only one chica... believe me. Mad
SCPitChic
SCPitChic
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

List of SEVENTY FIVE Banned or Restricted Breeds Empty its a shame

Post  beverleyandsage Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:13 am

You know my lab/bassset was really mean towards my husband then we got him neutered and he calmed right down. It was a night and day difference.
beverleyandsage
beverleyandsage
Best Friend
Best Friend

Female Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.network.bestfriends.org/MessageBoards/Default.aspx?g=

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormslegacy Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:56 am

I wish they would include WHY each breed made the list, because otherwise it does come off as a little bit of fear-mongering. Rather off-putting if the goal is to educate.

I am 100% against breed legislation with one exception. I am STRONGLY against the breeding of F1-F5 wolf-hybrid dogs. There is absolutely no reason to breed a non-domestic into domestic stock, it's just a stunt that inevitably harms everyone involved.
Stormslegacy
Stormslegacy
Friend
Friend

Female Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.stormslegacy.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down