Eastern Animal Rescue Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! Anyone do kitten rescue??

3 posters

Go down

HELP!  Anyone do kitten rescue?? Empty HELP! Anyone do kitten rescue??

Post  lisatw151 Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:13 am

I work for Medic, the 911 ambulance service here in Charlotte. It's 2:10 in the morning, and one of my Paramedic crews just brought in 4 TINY little kittens that they found in the parking lot of one of our stations. I didn't want them to call animal control so I told them to bring them in here to communications. They are so small they'll fit in the palm of your hand. I'm guessing they're maybe about 3 weeks old? I don't even know if they can eat dry food yet. I'm going to take them home, but there's no way I can keep them. I have 5 dogs and 2 of those are very definitely NOT cat lovers.

Does anyone do kitten rescue? Or wanna help me out with these cuties? PLEASE let me know. Call me at 704-201-2455. If I don't answer, leave me a message and I'll call you back asap.

Thanks!!!!
Lisa

lisatw151
Pal
Pal

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

HELP!  Anyone do kitten rescue?? Empty Re: HELP! Anyone do kitten rescue??

Post  KissinPits Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:49 am

Check through the rescues in the state of North Carolina on petfinder first. I know there's a cat rescue or two in my area, one being Our Lady of Mercy Catnip Cottage and the other Caradobe Rescue. The last one used to do Dobermans but has since taken a break from that and is focusing on providing a safe placement for the kitties.

*crossing fingers for you*
KissinPits
KissinPits
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2008-05-16

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

Post  lisatw151 Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:19 am

Actually, I found out that the rescue that I foster for, Lucky-Dog-Rescue, has some cat foster homes, and one is very near me. So the kitties are going there tomorrow. They are probably younger than I thought, maybe 2 wks instead of 3. I tried to get them to eat some dry food soaked in water and mushed up, this morning, but they had no clue. So I brought them back to work with me tonight and my coworker brought in some kitten formula and little bottles. Boy do these little ones have HUGE appetites! But they are so adoreable while eating.

Anyway, all is good and the kittens are going to a good foster home. Smile

lisatw151
Pal
Pal

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  SCPitChic Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:40 am

Great news! Very Happy
SCPitChic
SCPitChic
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-05-17

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down