Eastern Animal Rescue Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I NEED IDEAS !!!!! HELP!!!

4 posters

Go down

I NEED IDEAS !!!!! HELP!!! Empty I NEED IDEAS !!!!! HELP!!!

Post  savinbunnies Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:45 pm

Hello i am sure most of you know by now that i am lindsey and i run a rabbit rescue in hilton head island SC

i need help!!!

i was wondering if any one had any ideas on how to adopt out my rabbits. What i mean is like how th SPCA goes to the Petsmart and stuff, where could i go there are no local pet stores on hilton head anymore, does anyone have any ideas?????????

thank you in advance

lindsey
savinbunnies
savinbunnies
Pal
Pal

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

I NEED IDEAS !!!!! HELP!!! Empty Re: I NEED IDEAS !!!!! HELP!!!

Post  longroadhome Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:27 pm

You will have to travel. Maybe Savannah? Summerville? You will need to drive to pet stores that are local to you if you want to do adoption days like that. I don't have any local pet stores either, so adoption days have to be held at least an hour away.

You may also keep an eye out for community events where you could set up a booth. Just bring a rabbit or two for show and have a portfolio with info on the animals you have for adoption.

Do we have a threat on publicity ideas?
longroadhome
longroadhome
Friend
Friend

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  savinbunnies Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:58 pm

thanks for the reply i have been looking around and i still have not found a place that will let me come in so. BUT EVERYONE,,,,PLEASE LET EVERYONE YOU KNOW IN THE SC AREA THAT WE EXIST AND THAT WE NEED THEIR HELP adopt a bunny thanks..
savinbunnies
savinbunnies
Pal
Pal

Back to top Go down

Post  KissinPits Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:57 pm

What you need to do is gain credibility. You need to register with the state as a non-profit organization. You need to come up with policies and bylaws. You need to network. Most people won't work with you if you haven't started the process to become a recognized non-profit.

Do you have adoption policies drafted? Intake policies drafted? Any plans on how you are funding your org and how you will continue to fund it?
KissinPits
KissinPits
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2008-05-16

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

I NEED IDEAS !!!!! HELP!!! Empty expensive

Post  savinbunnies Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:15 am

yeah i do. I have even gone to become, well what ever they do when you go to the town, and they wanted to charge me like $1000. Well i am non-profit and because of that i do not have the money to out into becoming whatever they wanted. I will stay as i am and i seem to be doing good recently i have had 3 bunnies adopted and four bunnies rescued. That is in the past 2 weeks!!! thanks for all of your help!!

lindsey
savinbunnies
savinbunnies
Pal
Pal

Back to top Go down

Post  KissinPits Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:19 am

http://www.scsos.com/Search%20Business%20Filings

I didn't find you listed there. It's not that expensive to register with the state. $25 for the registration and then $50 when you apply for charity status. The expensive part of becoming a non-profit is filing for your 501(C)(3) which is the federal equivalent of a non-profit. There are a lot of charities that don't actually get to doing that part. There are some places who run rescues independently like you are doing that never do either of the two options, but they generally don't get a lot of support from the public.

Good luck with the bunnies Smile
KissinPits
KissinPits
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2008-05-16

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

Post  savinbunnies Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:45 pm

ok well thanks i have been meaning to do that but i went one day and they told me there were more than just $25 worth of charges, and so i need to want and save the money and then i will be able to do that

thanks

lindsey
savinbunnies
savinbunnies
Pal
Pal

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxieluvr2008 Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:27 pm

yeah def. get registered with the state...I do tons of local events here in Greenville, SC and they all require me to show my papers...it def. wasn't very expensive and so worth it. Also, you might have tried this already but i have joined a few animals groups on meetup.com like we have a local "concerned citizens for animals" that i joined and they host events. NOt only is it great for you to set up a booth but it also introduces you to people in the same animal networks....gets your name out there, etc. Good Luck=)
Doxieluvr2008
Doxieluvr2008
Best Friend
Best Friend

Female Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-21

http://www.ssdr.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum