Eastern Animal Rescue Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Foster Tilly - Dachshund X With The Personality!

3 posters

Go down

My Foster Tilly - Dachshund X With The Personality! Empty My Foster Tilly - Dachshund X With The Personality!

Post  Doxieluvr2008 Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:03 pm

My Foster Tilly - Dachshund X With The Personality! S773a1214321m2578231

Hi There! My name is Tilly and my foster mom told me that I should say a little bit about myself so that I can find my forever family! First of all, I am told that I am 7 years old but I love beating my 2 year old foster brother in races in the backyard. I also think I am better at tug of war than him but don’t tell him I said that! But he likes to play ALL the time and I would much rather come in and snuggle with my foster mom and get my belly rubbed when I’ve gotten my exercise. I came to be with my foster mom because somehow I got away from my first family (my foster mom isn’t sure if I was lost or abandoned but no one ever called to claim me) and I was so sad and scared. It was freezing outside so I knew I had to find some place warm. I finally found a gas station with some boxes that I could stay in. The people also fed me some scraps (which is why my foster mom says she is making me exercise). Finally, some place called animal control came, picked me up and called my foster mom to bring me to her house. Oh boy do I love it here!! My foster mom and dad say that I am a very polite girl and that my tail never stops wagging. I also get along with my fur brothers just fine but I also wouldn’t mind getting all the lovings to myself! Not sure about those cats tho since I have never been around one. One of my favorite parts of the night is right before my foster mom gets into the big bed….she points to my bed and I go and lay in it. THEN…she covers me in a nice warm blanket, kisses my head, and tells me that I will never have to be scared and alone ever again. That makes me so happy.

Well thank you very much for reading my story and hopefully I get to have my very own family soon!

To see Tilly's Fill Story....Visit Her Webpage:
http://www.allamericandachshundrescue.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=1214321

My Foster Tilly - Dachshund X With The Personality! S773a1214321m2578233
Doxieluvr2008
Doxieluvr2008
Best Friend
Best Friend

Female Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-21

http://www.ssdr.org/

Back to top Go down

My Foster Tilly - Dachshund X With The Personality! Empty re:Tilly

Post  muttmaniac123 Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:35 pm

Tilly, I am so happy that you found a wonderful foster mommy and hope that you find your own family soon. You sound like such a fun girl and since you get along so nicely with the other dogs, Im sure it won't take too long. Thanks for including a picture.......you look super sweet!
Best wishes!!
muttmaniac123
muttmaniac123
Friend
Friend

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

My Foster Tilly - Dachshund X With The Personality! Empty Re: My Foster Tilly - Dachshund X With The Personality!

Post  Doxieluvr2008 Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:58 pm

aww;) thanks for checking tilly out! I have had 4 apps on her....the first 2 didn't work out but I am working the 2nd 2 now so fingers crossed;) Poor girl had her cherry eye tacked and her little warts removed so she is not a happy camper this week!

Did your little doxie foster get adopted yet?
Doxieluvr2008
Doxieluvr2008
Best Friend
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

My Foster Tilly - Dachshund X With The Personality! Empty Re: My Foster Tilly - Dachshund X With The Personality!

Post  SCPitChic Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:40 pm

What a cutie! Smile Fingers crossed that one of these apps will work out for her and that she'll find her new forever home soon! Good luck Tilly!
SCPitChic
SCPitChic
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-05-17

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

My Foster Tilly - Dachshund X With The Personality! Empty re:Tilly

Post  muttmaniac123 Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:38 am

Yes! Brandy the doxie mix was adopted! I didn't get to meet the family but I am told they have another doxie mix and she is doing well. Brody the one eyed Beagle was picked up by my rescue coordenator today and they have a home visit for him tomorrow (fingers crossed!) I already met the family at petsmart and they seem wonderful. AND......My bully girl, Cherry, has a very nice looking application!! I am afraid to get too excited but she is holding me back from taking in others so I really hope this works out both for her sake and for the others waiting for help.....Extra prayers, please!
muttmaniac123
muttmaniac123
Friend
Friend

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxieluvr2008 Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:38 pm

aw thats awesome!! I was hoping Cherry would find a wonderful home soon. Let me know if the application ends up working out:) Its so good to hear about pooches getting adopted in this economy!
Doxieluvr2008
Doxieluvr2008
Best Friend
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post  SCPitChic Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:39 am

Doxieluvr2008 wrote:aw thats awesome!! I was hoping Cherry would find a wonderful home soon. Let me know if the application ends up working out:) Its so good to hear about pooches getting adopted in this economy!
It is! I was thinking about that just this morning... we've got a few adoptions pending right now too and I don't want to say anything to jinx them but I really am glad that people are starting to feel a little relief from the economic pressure (helps that gas prices went down by more than half).

Good luck to all of your crew! Please keep us posted on how it goes for Cherry. I'm like you... I hate to see them go, but I'm always so glad when they do find the perfect fitting family because it makes room for another one that needs me. Man I can't wait to start fostering again!
SCPitChic
SCPitChic
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-05-17

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxieluvr2008 Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:33 pm

yup i totally agree...eventhough we are having owner surrenders more than ever before...we are also finding wonderful homes...which is good. Knock on wood but an application on tilly was approved to a wonderful mother and daughter. The 15 year old daughter is the one actually went online herself and found tilly. I thought that was cool that a teenager picked a 7 year old mix over some of the fuzzy puppies we have. ANyway, they live in florida and we have a transport set up for this weekend...only 2 more legs to fill!!! I already got another foster ... Lucky. I will have to post about him when I get some pictures...lets just say he is adorable but a handful. No manners whatsoever!
Doxieluvr2008
Doxieluvr2008
Best Friend
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxieluvr2008 Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:35 pm

SCPitChic wrote:
Doxieluvr2008 wrote:aw thats awesome!! I was hoping Cherry would find a wonderful home soon. Let me know if the application ends up working out:) Its so good to hear about pooches getting adopted in this economy!
It is! I was thinking about that just this morning... we've got a few adoptions pending right now too and I don't want to say anything to jinx them but I really am glad that people are starting to feel a little relief from the economic pressure (helps that gas prices went down by more than half).

Good luck to all of your crew! Please keep us posted on how it goes for Cherry. I'm like you... I hate to see them go, but I'm always so glad when they do find the perfect fitting family because it makes room for another one that needs me. Man I can't wait to start fostering again!

So are you just taking a break from fostering for a bit? we had to do that at the end of 2008 for a couple of months due to some family things going on. My husband wanted to wait until spring but then tilly came along in february=/ I just couldn't say no!
Doxieluvr2008
Doxieluvr2008
Best Friend
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxieluvr2008 Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Tilly made it to Florida and is with her forever home=) i have seen pics and they all look so happy!
Doxieluvr2008
Doxieluvr2008
Best Friend
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

My Foster Tilly - Dachshund X With The Personality! Empty re: Fosters

Post  muttmaniac123 Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:40 pm

just an update: Brody and Cherry were both adopted! The best news.....the couple who adopted Cherry is very dog savvy. We allowed them to take her on a trial because she can be such a challenge. (we rarely do that but Cherry was a special case) They absolutely love her and the husband is working on some training issues with her. Serious training with a trainer addressing her prey drive and "bulllying". They do have another dog and they say they are both getting along very well. She did do well with most of my dogs. It is just what i dreamed of for her. I am so thrilled! And they keep in touch with my friend Jenn so we get frequent updates.

Cheers for Tilly! Im glad she has a home and that she made room for Lucky, too!
muttmaniac123
muttmaniac123
Friend
Friend

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxieluvr2008 Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:37 pm

aww thats great to hear!! Its so cool to see how things work out like that...sounds like cherry is meant to be exactly where she is! Great job!!! =)
Doxieluvr2008
Doxieluvr2008
Best Friend
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down