Eastern Animal Rescue Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Haired Dachshund Needs a Forever Home!

2 posters

Go down

Long Haired Dachshund Needs a Forever Home! Empty Long Haired Dachshund Needs a Forever Home!

Post  Doxieluvr2008 Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:21 pm

Long Haired Dachshund Needs a Forever Home! S773dpi304

Norman came to me from a family who could no longer care for him. He is an absolutly wonderful dog. He has gorgeous markings. He has excellent manners. He is housebroken and will tell you when he has to go out. He does ok on a leash, but he does pull. A harness would help this tremendously. Norman does not like loud or sudden noises, and he really doesn't like cats. So if you have kitties, he would not be the dog for you. He gets along fine with other dogs and kids. Because of his long coat, Norman will need to be brushed often. He behaves very well for his baths and he doesn't mind being brushed. He doesn't have food aggression with people but will growl if another animal gets too close to his food. He loves to be close to someone. His favorite spot is by your feet. He loves the outdoors and taking long walks. He doesn't look or act his age at all. He gets as excited as the younger ones here and sometimes I forget he's older! He will make someone a great best friend and buddy.

If you have questions about this dog please feel free to fill out an application at ssdr.org. We welcome out of state and Canadian adoptions, but we will not ship any dog via cargo. Please Read Before You Adopt to learn more about transportation options.

Name: NORMAN
Species: Dog
Breed: Dachshund (long coat)
Sex: Male (neutered)
General Potential Size: Small
Good with Dogs: Yes
Good with Kids: No
Declawed: No
Housetrained: Yes
Description:
Name Norman
Dachshund Pure standard
Color black and Tan
Age Weight 9 yrs. 20+ pounds
Adoption Fee 150.00+10.00(chip fee)
Foster pjrd67@aol.com

Being fostered in Spencer NY

Thanks for reading!
Jessica
Southern States Dachshund Rescue
Long Haired Dachshund Needs a Forever Home! S773dpi230
Doxieluvr2008
Doxieluvr2008
Best Friend
Best Friend

Female Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-21

http://www.ssdr.org/

Back to top Go down

Long Haired Dachshund Needs a Forever Home! Empty Re: Long Haired Dachshund Needs a Forever Home!

Post  KissinPits Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:26 pm

I wish I had a farm Laughing

I like doxies. Especially the wirehaired ones. I think it's going to be many years before I can get a small dog though. Cy has too much of a prey drive and it would be a lot to expect of him to be okay with a small dog. *sigh* Laughing

Good luck Norman!
KissinPits
KissinPits
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2008-05-16

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down