Eastern Animal Rescue Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches Need Forever Homes! (NY)

3 posters

Go down

Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches Need Forever Homes! (NY) Empty Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches Need Forever Homes! (NY)

Post  Blattodea Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:03 pm

I have roughly 50 juvenile madagascar hissing cockroaches (a pet, not pest, species!) in need of loving forever homes. I had several females surrendered to me recently, two of whom were gravid, and would prefer to find as many of the offspring loving homes as possible. They are not difficult to care for, I would simply rather use the cage space to care for animals who need permanent sanctuary due to health or behavioral issues.

The babies are currently only about a month old; they will not be ready for adoption for two more months when they can be reliably sexed. Because I do not want further breeding to occur, they will only be adopted out in same-sex groups. Single males are also an option, but I will not adopt out social females solo.

Hissing cockroach care is very simple and a detailed care sheet will be included with any roaches adopted out. They do not have significant space needs; a pair of females or a single male can be comfortably kept in a standard AGA 2.5g aquarium, though more room is always best. Housing can be as simple as soil, a hiding place, a heat source (if you have a low room temp) and a bowl for food with daily misting for water (though more decoration is pleasant for you and your roach!). The diet is simple and can range from pre-made roach diets to fresh fruit, veg, and protein items. I may be able to give out some Kritter Keepers for free with single males.

I am located in the Hudson Valley but frequent Watkins Glen, Binghamton, Boston, Scranton, and will also be in Pittsburg (and thus, destinations along the way) the last weekend in June. I am willing to transport a fair distance to place these babies! PM me if interested for an adoption application, husbandry info, and transport info. Thank in advance!

Blattodea
Friend
Friend

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches Need Forever Homes! (NY) Empty Re: Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches Need Forever Homes! (NY)

Post  SCPitChic Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Do you by any chance have pictures that you could share with us? This forum is open to guest viewing, and pictures REALLY help a lot in placing pets. I'm sure they'd help with these little luv bugs too. Smile
SCPitChic
SCPitChic
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-05-17

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches Need Forever Homes! (NY) Empty Re: Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches Need Forever Homes! (NY)

Post  KissinPits Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:41 pm

I don't recall having seen them (although I have heard of them) before. I'd like to see pics too Smile
KissinPits
KissinPits
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Blattodea Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:51 pm

Sure thing. I don't have shots of the babies at the age they are presently, but here is a sample sub-adult (this is about what size they'll be adopted out as) -
Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches Need Forever Homes! (NY) Chongface

And this is an adult female:
Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches Need Forever Homes! (NY) Ladiesperch

And an adult male:
Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches Need Forever Homes! (NY) Boybin

Blattodea
Friend
Friend

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  KissinPits Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:14 pm

I have seen pics of them before. My luck my dogs would find a way to get them Shocked
KissinPits
KissinPits
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down